Goldman Sachs Asset Management today announced that it will become a premier sponsor of the SEO (Sponsors for Educational Opportunity) Tech Developer, with a commitment of $2.25 million over the next three years. The SEO Tech Developer is SEO’s latest initiative aimed to provide Black, Latinx, and Native American undergraduate computer science majors with the skills, coaching, and experience needed to be competitive candidates in the growing tech industry.
The grant will support the growth of the program over three years and propel the program’s mission to increase diversity in the tech industry. The SEO Tech Developer, which hosted its first cohort of 62 students in Summer 2021, is an immersive training program that hones students’ existing tech skills. In partnership with Codio, a leading global developer of computer science curricula, SEO Tech Developer offers students a customized curriculum centered on a team-based project approach. The program provides access to sustained exposure to industry professionals, educators, and recruiters. Since its launch, the program has shown promising results with more than 85% of the inaugural cohort securing internships for Summer 2022at companies including Amazon, Meta, Google, and Microsoft.
“While Tech is a high-growth industry, only 5% of tech employees at leading tech firms identify as Black, Latinx, or Native American. We launched SEO Tech Developer to address the preparation gap facing historically underrepresented students by speeding the development of the technical and soft skills required for entry-level tech roles at leading companies,” explained Julian Johnson, Executive Vice President, SEO. He added, “Our goal is to ensure students have the tools they need to land top tech roles upon graduation.”
Since its inception in 2021, the SEO Tech Developer has supported over 130+ sophomore computer science and engineering majors. The program was designed under the guidance of tech industry experts and uses a 12-week approach to teach students key skills across CSS, Flask, API’s and more in addition to a final group project to add to their portfolio. With support from Goldman Sachs, SEO Tech Developer will grow to serve 200 students annually by 2024.
“At Goldman Sachs, we strongly believe that a diverse workforce is critical for business success and are committed to advancing racial equity across industries,” said Julian Salisbury, global co-head of Goldman Sachs Asset Management and SEO board member. “We are proud to support SEO in its mission to strengthen the pipeline of diverse candidates in the tech sector and positively enact change in a way that drives innovation and growth in the global economy.”
For more information about SEO Tech Developer, visit https://seo-usa.org/tech.
SEO was founded in 1963 with a mission to create a more equitable society by providing exceptional educational and career opportunities to talented and motivated young people from underserved and historically excluded communities. For almost 60 years, SEO has been an innovator in education, mentorship, peer-to-peer support, the delivery of excellence, and the leveraging of diverse networks and communities to turn untapped potential into newfound greatness. Learn more at www.seo-usa.org
About Goldman Sachs Asset Management
Bringing together traditional and alternative investments, Goldman Sachs Asset Management provides clients around the world with a dedicated partnership and focus on long-term performance. As the primary investing area within Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS), we deliver investment and advisory services for the world’s leading institutions, financial advisors and individuals, drawing from our deeply connected global network and tailored expert insights, across every region and market—overseeing more than $2 trillion in assets under supervision worldwide as of March 31, 2022. Driven by a passion for our clients’ performance, we seek to build long-term relationships based on conviction, sustainable outcomes, and shared success over time. Follow us on LinkedIn.
SOURCE Sponsors for Educational Opportunity
- VISTAPRINT, THE BOSTON CELTICS SHAMROCK FOUNDATION AND NAACP ANNOUNCE NEXT ROUND OF $1M POWER FORWARD SMALL BUSINESS GRANTSThe Partnership Provides Black-Owned Businesses with Financial and Business Support to Scale Their Design, Marketing, and Social Media Strategies to New Heights BOSTON /PRNewswire/ — Today, VistaPrint, the Boston Celtics Shamrock Foundation, and NAACP announced the next cohort of recipients from the Power Forward Small Business Grant. The grant program, now in its third iteration, focuses…
- SISTAS IN SALES ANNOUNCES TARAJI P. HENSON AS 5TH ANNUAL SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERHENSON IS AN ACADEMY AWARD® NOMINATED AND GOLDEN GLOBE® WINNING ACTOR, WRITER, PRODUCER, AND ENTREPRENEUR TV and Radio Host, Author and Actress Bevy Smith will also serve as a Keynote Speaker at the largest conference for women of color in professional sales. NEW YORK, Aug. 23, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Sistas In Sales (SIS), the leading global organization serving…
- Goldman Sachs Asset Management Announces Commitment to Support SEO Tech Developer to Increase Diverse Talent Within the Tech IndustryGoldman Sachs Asset Management today announced that it will become a premier sponsor of the SEO (Sponsors for Educational Opportunity) Tech Developer, with a commitment of $2.25 million over the next three years. The SEO Tech Developer is SEO’s latest initiative aimed to provide Black, Latinx, and Native American undergraduate computer science majors with the skills, coaching,…
- As Temperatures and Job Market Heat Up, Small Businesses Offered Incentives to Set Up New 401(k) Plans Before October 1 Safe Harbor DeadlineSEATTLE, Aug. 19, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — This summer is closing out with sizzling new job data from the US Labor Department: 130,000 more jobs were created in July compared to June. With new job creation comes new job incentives, such as 401(k) plans to help attract potential employees. In creating these incentives, many business owners are learning…
- BLACK ENTERPRISE TO PRESENT VIRTUAL SUMMIT FOCUSED ON CRYPTOCURRENCY, BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY, FINTECH CAREERS, AND BLACK WEALTH, JULY 28The Future of Financial Services Summit brings together fintech experts and thought leaders to share the latest insights on career opportunities, decentralized finance, and investment strategies. NEW YORK /PRNewswire/ — BLACK ENTERPRISE will present its first Future of Financial Services Summit: Fintech, Cryptocurrency and Black Wealth beginning at 6:00 p.m. EST on July 28. With Black Americans more focused than ever on wealth creation,…
Rod Washington: Rod is a blogger, writer, filmmaker, photographer, daydreamer who likes to cook. Rod produces and directs the web series, CUPIC: Diary of an Investigator. He also produces news and documentary video projects. Check out his podcast StoriesThisMoment at https://m3e.d71.myftpupload.com/stm-tncn-podcasts/